Friday, September 19, 2014

Learning to be thankful

Its unfortunate that it takes so much time and changes to bring us to realizations that should have always been evident. Over this past year i have learned so much. I finally realized my dream of traveling solo to London and was also let go abruptly the day before my trip from my job of nearly four years. I worked at an unconditioned warehouse for a month in the heat of summer... i learned my dreams are for me, not the world. I used to resent the people that depended on me for leadership, motivation and encouragement. I also hated my job. However, all these experiences propelled me into an exciting new chapter of my life... filled with adventure and hope. I've learned to embrace the platform that I have been given. To begin to see my beauty and intelligence as an attractive thing instead of a burden. I feel totally motivated and am working diligently towards future success. If you happen to be a person that has rarely experienced lack, I know that life may seem bleak and dis interesting, but I challenge yourself to see it in a different light. Take yourself to a homeless shelter. Ride a city bus into work.... look with unbridled sight into the life of someone less fortunate so that you may be able to enjoy the many blessings God has bestowed upon you. Our talents are not a vice, they are meant to be used and multiplied. Those of us with a sound mind are meant to perpetuate hope... not detail all that is wrong with the world. We have a tenacity that most long to possess.. let us be wise and operate in our purpose.

No comments: