Monday, January 5, 2015

Let Me Vent Series: "I Have Never Met A Girl Like You"

Words I have heard over and over in my lifetime. To say they are frustrating, would be an understatement, but that is most definitely how hearing it made me feel. First I felt weird.. like some sort of alien. Secondly, I felt alone as if no one could relate. I didn't want to be that person. I wanted to blend in.I think that I am solid, that I have a good head on my shoulder. Why should I be the minority? Why should pretty women that are also smart be a shock to society.. It really makes me mad. Its like.. what in the world did you expect? I dont think that I am that extraordinary. I just make time to read, pay attention to learn. The pressure I feel is unreal. Not only do I deal with alot of envy, but then Im also simultaneously a leader... people watch every move I make and wait to amplify my mistakes.It is a calling that is on some of our lives. It is frustrating, but it is necessary for those of us with influence to use it accordingly. Our cooperation or lack there of can seriously impact others that watch us and emulate us... ~RealTalk

No comments: