Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Let Me Vent Series: The Strife Of Being Beautiful

People only ever see the outside of me. Sometimes when I speak they look at me in confusion, as if I am speaking a foreign language. Being intelligent, serious and beautiful is like a double edge sword. Some are very intimidated. Some are envious.. but let me reassure you, it is not all that you think it is. It will not alleviate all your problems or help you find that perfect man... Sadly sometimes it makes things so much more difficult and more complicated than it even has to be. I have worked hard to estrange myself from all the streotypes that go along with beautiful women, but it doesnt matter because of people's pre-conceived ideas. I would rather be an average looking girl and get my way, than a gorgeous girl that struggles and wars with people
 constantly. People treat me differently because of my looks than they treat others. When I tell men that I am married, they do not respect it.. they proceed to pursue me, and it is so frustrating, and on top of that, my home life is not spotless and blissful. I go through trials at my home and on my job... life is not easy and I just needed to get it off my chest... ~Real Talk

No comments: