Friday, January 23, 2015

Let me Vent Series: Working In A Call Centre

I hate that I have learned how to rephrase things in five hundred ways because people wont listen. I hate that I have to solve umpteen problems in a day for others and go home to my own more complex problems that others can not solve. I hate that I have become a liar to myself in order to make money. I hate that I have to be fake and show 'compassion' to complete strangers and people that I don't feel sorry for. I hate that I cant take a break when I want because I'm strapped to my desk or am restricted to when I can use my cell phone. I hate this job in general, but I know the reason I find myself here is my own fault. Afraid to pursue more responsibility and more education, I brought myself here.. looking for something to 'make ends meet', and 'to get by'. Investing into the false 'get something for nothing' American mentality. I fell for it, and now I have to get things back on track. I have to break out of my comfort zone, and pursue more.. because this can not continue to be my reality. Perhaps it is my own fear that has lead me here.. but it is my own heart that will lead me elsewhere. One thing is for sure, I do not like who I have become, or where I currently am. Thank God for another day to try again :-)

No comments: